Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Red Stockings


This is your servant circa 1974, likely on my birthday, because that's the only time I can remember wearing this sailor suit. Among other things, it didn't make me look fat. This frame came from a home movie, so I can't show you any better detail.

Photos from my past and the tales they tell.
You can tell I had an interest in historical outfits some 30 years before I would actually start wearing them for real. I remember sitting on my bed while the Queen Mother helped me get into this.

Some years later, I asked, "What happened to my sailor suit?"

She replied, mildly irritated, "That was when you were a baby!"

So I had to wait a little while until I found another suit that would echo the nautical theme.

Mission accomplished. Anchors aweigh.

No comments: