Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The Word Is TENDERLY

This series is inspired by the "Words From
Unity" public service announcements
that ran on television (particularly in
Kansas City) in the 1970's and 80's.
You can approach this word one of two ways. My earliest memory of the word "tender" being used was on the radio. I heard Helen Reddy singing it -- or was it Maureen McGovern? In any event, my Aunt Susan was behind the wheel, taking me to Grandma and Grandpa Francis one day while the Queen Mother was getting ready to have Brother Michael in 1975. Among other things, we washed that car together in the shade of one of the trees. I have always loved that about my Auntie -- she could be as much of a kid as we were.

Maybe you prefer how Ernest Borgnine put it.



Your servant is partial to Dr. Teeth's version.

No comments: