Tuesday, January 10, 2017

The Word Is PERSISTENCE

This series is inspired by the "Words From
Unity" public service announcements
that ran on television (particularly in
Kansas City) in the 1970's and 80's.
I have learned the value of persistence in prayer, in my job, and shopping at thrift stores. Through persistence of making my rounds once or twice a week, I have scored some incredibly inexpensive fabric for sewing projects, computer books for my nerd indulgences, and a Medieval tunic.

As I have implied before, the art of scoring at thrift stores is to keep on the watch. You won't find a deal every time you go, but keeping at it increases your odds. In card games, the dealer will throw dozens of lousy hands your way, but the good ones will make it worthwhile.

You were expecting something broader and more inspirational than how to shop at Goodwill? Well, okay...

No comments: