Saturday, June 3, 2017

And The Livin' Is Easy

A look at the songs that have shaped
my life and ended up on my devices.
When my Royal Father first got a CD player in the mid-1980's, a compilation titled "Jazz Like You've Never Heard It Before" was one of his first discs. But I think I ended up playing more than he did, as I would put it on late at night in his upstairs study. I wore headphones and typed out sophisticated fiction (or a few messages on bulletin board systems) on the Macintosh while listening to sophisticated music.

My favorite track on this disc was this classic by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong:



One of these days, I would love to sing this for karaoke, if I can somehow do Armstrong's part in a way that won't have people accusing your servant of racism or cultural appropriation. Perhaps if Princess Sherri sang Ella Fitzgerald's part, we'd have something.

Anyway, I thought about this song once again after watching this amazing segment from America's Got Talent:



Ventriloquism is hardly easy livin', but this young girl makes it look so beautiful.

No comments: