Thursday, January 10, 2019

Round And Round



(This is a 360-degree video. Swipe around with your mouse to go full circle and spot the Cossack!)

This may be the easiest folk dance I've ever learned, period. Marin Congo comes from France. The steps: in and out and twirl around to a new partner. Repeat as needed.

A mix of your servant's favourite music
and moves, set to stories and observations.
This is the kind of dance I can teach to kids and their families in less than two minutes, which makes it an ideal dance for those times when I call a historic ball. As you read this, I haven't taught it yet. I'm waiting for the right ball to teach this at for a possible last dance, or something near that.

I'm thinking it would work at a Colonial ball, even though it's not a Colonial dance. In fact, the notes I have date it back to the 1980's. Still, it feels like the kind of dance I should be doing in my tricorn hat, knee breeches and frock coat instead of my puffy Cossack attire.

No comments: