Friday, January 25, 2019

Say, Say, Say What What You Want



Michael Jackson teamed up with Paul McCartney for a huge duet with "The Girl Is Mine." Then they did it again for an even bigger one, "Say Say Say." This is not only one of your servant's favorite duets ever, it's also one of my favorite videos ever. Paul brought his lovely wife Linda in, and Michael gave his sister LaToya a guest shot.

A mix of your servant's favourite music
and moves, set to stories and observations.
These were the good old days, before Paul got Michael interested in the music publishing business, and Michael turned around and bought the Beatles' song catalog -- which Paul had been trying to buy for years. Linda and Michael were still alive, and Michael wasn't dealing with so many issues surrounding his life. Paul was still getting himself on Top 40 radio with each new album.

Pardon me while I sound like an old codger for a moment. I have tried to listen to Top 40 radio nowadays, and I just can't get into it. Even "American Top 40" is a mess, and not just because Casey Kasem isn't on it anymore. I have too many memories of my youth locked up in music of the past, and new memories set to old music. I find it sad I can't turn on CHR/Top 40 radio and hear legends like McCartney or any of the artists I grew up with who are still making records -- which admittedly, isn't many.

No comments: