Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Around And Around, Hand To Hand



Your servant will confess to you openly that I'm a lousy waltzer. The best I can do is a two-step, and I feel I've earned the right to do so having lived in Texas for five years. But every so often, a waltz will come around, and I'll give it my best shot. Here's one from south of the border. I'm dressed rather festively in my green and red -- two colors from the Mexican flag, if you will.

A mix of your servant's favourite music
and moves, set to stories and observations.
It's not just going around and around. You will see a clapping sequence in here. That I can handle. But notice as one of those claps takes my partner and I nearly cheek-to-cheek. Flirtatious? Maybe. My thoughts, however, are not about flirting; they're about how I'm going to move my feet without stepping on somebody else's, and how I'm going to move my body in and out of that one last clap without knocking my partner over. It's all fun and games until somebody lands with a thud.

No comments: