Saturday, June 30, 2018

The Ecstasy And The Agony


June 1999: The Royal Father, your servant, and the Queen Mother hung in there on the Mean Streak (now known as Steel Vengeance) at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. If you love roller coasters, it's the place to go. You can tell who loves it, and who's just along for the ride.

Photos from my past and the tales they tell.
This was a vacation within a vacation. I was visiting my parents from Texas, and as part of a week off, we took a side trip into Ohio to visit some sights and friends around Cleveland. Cedar Point was a place I'd been wanting to go for years. I don't know how many coasters it had in 1999, but it has at least 17 as of this post. I was surprised to learn it opened way back in 1870, making it the second-oldest amusement park in the world.

I can describe more of Mean Streak to you -- which has since been refurbished and retracked -- or you can just ride it yourself via this video:

No comments: