Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sometimes, You Gotta Drill

Speculation aside, the price of oil isn't going to drop in this country until we start finding more of it. That means we're going to have to suck it up and start drilling offshore.

You don't like looking at oil derricks? Fine. Understandable. But I know you don't like looking at gas station signs either, and there's far more of them.

What do you know about oil drilling? I hope it's nothing like you saw in There Will Be Blood. The gusher days are over, replaced with much more efficient, cleaner, environmentally-friendly ways of extracting oil. But that's right, you didn't think the oil companies were capable of being environmentally friendly, did you?

I wouldn't dream of driving a Hummer. Ferraris aren't my style. Oil hogs belong in the pig sty. But until we get an electric car that's capable of taking me from Tucson to Los Angeles without a long recharge, I'm sticking to something that runs on gas. So let's go out there and find it.

No comments: