Thursday, March 6, 2008

Wingnuttiness

Here's another reason I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh anymore. This is his take on the possibility of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama sharing the ticket:
"Let's say that there is a joint ticket between Obama and Hillary and they come to an agreement over who's on top. Frankly, I hope it's Obama on top. Well, I actually don't, but if it's Obama on top and if they happen to win, I just can't wait for Hillary to undermine him during his presidency and lead impeachment proceedings against him. But the point is, let's say it is Obama and Hillary run. Let's put Hillary at the top, put Hillary on top. That's a position she's familiar with. Therefore, you've got a woman and a black first time ever on the Democrat ticket. Ahem. (laughter) They don't have a prayer."
Amazing -- racism, sexism, pessimism and ignorance crammed into just one minute. It reminds me of former Interior Secretary James Watt's infamous 1983 statement about his staff: "I have a black, a woman, two Jews and a cripple. And we have talent."

Here's another Rushism from today's show, this time on Republicans crossing over to vote in the Democratic primaries:
"If the Democrats and the media can pick our nominee, then why the hell can't we pick theirs?"
I guess all of those Republican primary wins for Sen. John McCain were left-wing plots, huh?

And to think I actually listened to Rush in the 1990's, back when the show was actually funny.

No comments: