Thursday, September 9, 2010

Show Me Your Moves, Good Sir!

Dearest Dancing Gentlemen, read and heed: British researchers tell us the way you move will determine your success in finding a mate.

After showing ladies motion-captured computer models of men dancing, researchers found movement of the hands is a big turn-on. I'll tell that to the next dancing master who disparages those who hold their free hands high while twirling about. Affections are not only admired, it seems they're an essential part of the ritual!

Let me be clear with my intentions, though, dear friends. Your humble servant does not dance to find a mate.

"But do you flirt?"

I would prefer to call it honouring the ladies. Yes, I know I bow low to them like I'm showing reverence to Queen Elizabeth, but that is -- if I may use the vernacular -- simply how I roll.

"Heh, I'd like to see you take over the floor like Tony Manero in Saturday Night Fever!"

That has actually happened a couple of times, and both times I was wearing a kilt. Unfortunately, the research doesn't tell us what the ladies think of a prancing lad in plaid.

"Those colonial dances are so boring; all they do is walk around each other."

Obviously you've never danced any reels.

"Aren't you just a little too old-fashioned for today's women?"

I dunno, but they seem to admire a gentleman with nice stockinged calves.

No comments: