Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Caught In The Act Of Making Merry

Dearest Readers, I have shown you many examples of others engaged in my dearest diversion of historic dance. Now, finally, I can show you some of my own footwork.

Thanks to Lady Barbara and her camera, here is a montage of my capers with the Danseries at the Arizona Renaissance Festival this past weekend. I am unsure as to the names of the first two dances you see, but the last is the "Queen's Allemande," danced in honour of our Queen Mother who participated with us. You should have no problem spotting her... or me. I'm the one wearing the kilt.



If my steps appear a bit haphazard, realize that I was learning many of these dances on the fly. You cannot hear it, but in the Allemande, my gracious and charming lady was lightly calling the moves to me.

The Danseries are a group based out of Eastern Arizona College. They have let me join in with them -- in my full kilted regalia -- every time I have visited the Renaissance Festival for the past three years, dancing for the Queen and Lord Mayor as well as for our own pleasure. For this opportunity, I am most grateful! HUZZAH!

No comments: