Friday, December 26, 2008

The Christmas Crossing & The Holiday Highlander

For the close of the 5pm newscast on Christmas Day, I added a story on the annual re-enactment of Gen. Washington crossing the Delaware.

Unknown to me, a fellow producer decided to have some fun by sneaking in a camera and making me part of the story, since I was dressed in historical attire of Scotland to celebrate the day. A lady once told me I looked like a giant candy cane in my kilt and diced hose. Besides, any excuse to put on a kilt is a good one.

Here's what people saw on the air:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dearest Viscount Francis:

My thoughts turned towards to you this morning when I saw the same telly footage of the re-enactment of General Washington crossing the Delaware on KPHO channel 5. I am pleased that you had a lovely birthday and a Merry Christmas! :)
I wish you many, merry blessings in the New Year. God bless you as always! Huzzah!

Your sister in Christ and your humble servant,

Madame Noire

Mathew said...

That's awesome Christopher! Sounds like you work with a great team of people down at KPHO!

Christopher said...

My Dearest Madame Noire and Sir Mathew,

Thank you for your kind comments! Yes, the KOLD News 13 crew are a creative and merry bunch -- especially on this day, when the boss was away, and we had a few moments to play. Hurray! Huzzah!

With a courtly bow to you both,
Your Humble Servant & Friend,
Viscount Christopher

Anonymous said...

After all this, there is only one thing to say: Have reverence for God, and obey his commands, because this is all that we were created for. ECCLESIASTES 12:13 TEV