Highlights from this morning's visit with the doctor:
* I am healing very quickly, and very well.
* I am now encouraged to start picking up significant weight with my right hand.
"Try 5 pounds, and if that's all right, then go to 10."
"Can I carry a musket again?" I asked, catching my physician mildly off guard. I explained I was a historical re-enactor. "It weighs about 8 pounds."
He gazed towards the ceiling and processed the request for a moment. "Yeah, 8 pounds should be all right."
So I shall be fully armed for the American Heritage Festival in November. HUZZAH! HUZZAH! HUZZAH!
* Physical therapy begins next week. I have great motion in my fingers and palm, but my right thumb still doesn't want to curl all the way. It's gradually increasing its dexterity, but some things could be helped along.
* X-rays show new bone has filled in all the way along my arm (and the plates that hold it). Old bone fragments remain, but they will dissolve away.
* I should be out of my arm brace by mid-November, three months after the break. I will truly have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.
I can't say this enough: THANK YOU for all your prayers!