Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Healing Begins

On a sunny Saturday afternoon, I walked out of Black Swan, a tremendously creepy film, got into my car, and flipped on the radio. Instead of hearing the computer guys on 104.1 FM, I heard the news of a mass shooting in Tucson... and then I heard Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords was one of the victims. I sped off to get to KOLD.

Since then, my life has revolved around news updates. It has been a mixture of highs and lows and grind and respite. It is like another 9/11, but with Ground Zero in our own backyard, at a shopping center on the northwest side. I know the scale of these two tragedies don't match up, but emotionally, they can be just as devastating.

While the rest of the country moves on to "other news," we'll continue to follow all the developments here in Tucson and do our best to help everyone heal and move forward. The developments surrounding Congresswoman Giffords have been miraculous so far. Please continue to pray for her as well as all the other victims and their families. Please pray for those in the news business covering this as well. We'll get through this together with GOD's help. Remember Romans 8:28.

No comments: