Friday, August 29, 2008

Up And To Arms

A few updates on my fractured right arm after this morning's visit with the doctor:

* Those nasty surgical staples from the incisions are gone, baby, gone -- removed today. I still have a lot of healing to do on the wounds, but things are definitely better.

* New x-rays reveal bone is filling in. This time I took a closer look at one of the break sites and cringed when I saw how badly part of my upper arm splintered. I still haven't looked at my original x-ray.

* My doctor says he wants to keep me in a cast for two more weeks and then get me into something removable. "You're kidding me," I said. He wasn't. I was expecting to be wrapped up through through the end of September.

* Physical therapy will probably start in another two weeks. I still have partial numbness in my thumb and the top of my hand, and I still can't curl my thumb. "Give it time," my doctor advises. I will.

* Pain? None. Medications? Zero, unless you count multivitamins and Citracal. God is Great!

I thank everybody who has been praying for me. It is working. Please know that I am praying for all of you too, dearest friends and relatives, that God may watch over and protect you as He has been doing for me.

Huzzah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest, Sir Francis:

I am more that delighted to hear the excellent news of your progress. I know that your arm will be fully healed by our faithful and loving Father. May God continue to bless you and watch over you. I thank you for your kind response to my first comment. Your blog is lovely. You are a most accomplished and an excellent writer.

Your sister in Christ and your humble servant,

Mme. Noire

Christopher said...

Dearest Mme. Norie,

Your kind words are a blessing to me! May God continue to bless you and your family as well. I bow here to you with my tricorn hat removed.

Your Friend And Humble Servant,
And Brother In Christ,
Christopher