Friday, December 14, 2012

So What Did I Learn In The Past Year?

That's the question on my mind as I celebrate 41 years of growth. Here are the answers:

  • Don't get hung up in situations where you think you should be patching things up among other people because you think that's what GOD wants you to do. Move on with your life and let GOD work on it.
  • It's sad to see so many people look at high unemployment, low wages and crummy jobs and think to themselves, "Well, this is the new normal."  It's only normal if you allow it to be normal.  Otherwise, you need to make sure you're standing up for something better.
  • It doesn't matter who you voted for in the last election; Washington's biggest problem is egos.
  • You can never have enough kilts.
  • Those Coleman gas lamps are hot on top!
  • Marriage is still not in my future.
  • I don't know what's more annoying: candidate campaign robo-calls or debt collectors calling me looking for somebody else.
  • Thrift stores are my new favorites.  I used to think I was robbing from the poor by shopping at these places, but that's just not true.  You're finding a new home for goods people don't want anymore and cutting down on waste.  My favorite patriot, Ben Franklin, believed in frugality.  Why not me?  Why not all of us?

No comments: