Sunday, August 2, 2009

I'll Take The High Road, And You Take The Icy Road

The Highland Ball is nearly here again.

For many, it's a ball. For me, it's that and a chance at redemption, an opportunity to dissipate a cloud that's lingered since last year, when I slipped during a Highland Fling and smashed up my right arm.

Not again. No. I'm wearing non-skid ghillies.

Alas, not everybody can do so. So to kick off my week-long long at Scottish dancing, I present Sinead & John Kerr at the 2009 Hyundai Card Super Match in South Korea, capturing the joy of Scotland on ice.



And, here's an encore of a video I posted back in 2007: Chulpan Khamatova and Roman Kostomarov getting slick.



(Facebook users, you'll have to click "View Original Post" to see this on my blog. The feed technology isn't passing through embedded YouTube video.)

No comments: