Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful...

...for a job in this rotten economy.

...for employment at a television station that has a moral compass.

...for a loving Father and Mother and Brother and Sister-In-Law -- and a niece and nephews.

...for my beloved friends -- all of them.

...for living in a free nation.

...for a healed right arm, especially after my surgeon feared I would never be able to turn a doorknob again.

...for a wonderful church!

...for many answered prayers.

...for four walls and a warm bed at night.

...for tears of joy.

...for a beautiful lady friend whom I still love even though our paths lead us in different directions.

...for cool nights and warm days in a Tucson winter.

...for a car that isn't a lemon.

...for the guidance of mentors, past, present and future.

...for the nerd years.

...for hacking around on all those personal computers as a kid, not knowing geeks would eventually take over the world.

...for people who understand my love of history, love of period dress and the joy re-enactment has brought me.

...for historic dancing! HUZZAH!

...for the many ladies with whom I have shared beautiful period dances. I bow to you once more like I would a princess. And you are princesses, every one.

...for tricorn hats.

...for people who understand a tricorn isn't always a pirate hat.

...for the children whom I have educated about their heritage.

...for the therapeutic benefits of writing.

...for the courage to share my worries with others instead of just the keyboard.

...for a mission in life, at last.

...for getting a chance to reboot my life.

...for the strength to be a gentleman at heart, even though I'm still a work in progress, flaws and all, still struggling with several things and praying for help every day.

...for the people who accept me as I am.

...for liberation from sin through Our Savior.

...for the Loving GOD who makes it all possible.

2 comments:

fraizerbaz said...

And I am thankful for knowing and having an extraordinary friend like you. He broke the mold when He made you. :-)

Christopher said...

Thank you, my lady!

I bow to you.